Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Recycling: Funky Style


One of the neatest concepts that I have come acrossed since becomming obsessed with handmade goods is repurposing. It's so amazing to see all the different ways crafters take materials that would either be thrown away or recycled and make them into something beautiful and unique.

Funky Recycling is one of the neatest shops of this nature I have come acrossed. Funky Recycling breathes life into old aluminum cans with their imagitive jewelry, ornaments, and magnets. I love their Hello Kitty Monster can necklaces and Coke cow magnets. If you live in the Las Vegas area stop by a Funky Recycling craft fair booth and bring a used aluminum can, you will be rewarded with a free gift. Hooray!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

i've always been really into making my own stuff but i've always had to hand-sew it which is a pain as i'm not much good.
can you recommend a good sewing machine that's simple for a first-timer? (and doesn't cost a bomb!)

Ellen at The Raven and the Cellar Door

NotAlone said...

I love your blog. Please check out my new blog! Support me if you can! :)

http://hd4you.blogspot.com

Thanks and I look forward to reading your future blog post.

Smith

NotAlone said...

I love your blog. Please check out my new blog! Support me if you can! :)

http://hd4you.blogspot.com

Thanks and I look forward to reading your future blog post.

Smith

Irish Mae said...

I always appreciate artistic creatures Like this creation here. So Inspiring to be resourceful in many ways. Just Love it!

Benlovesting said...

lovely blog