Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Stuff At The Little Black Box


I'm attempting to step it up a notch over at The Little Black Box. It's been awhile since I've pulled a new trick out of my sleeve and I wanted to introduce my plan here as I've already changed the website to reflect my newest venture.

I'm bringing back the free boxes for box contributors. That's right! Every single business who participates by sending in 50+ items each month will get a box automatically sent to them in thanks for joining us. Now, there are stipulations though. I had this used and abused when I first started out. I reserve the right to determine whether or not you put any time or effort into producing your samples. You will NOT get a box if you mail in business cards, flyers, promotional pens, or thoughtless sample items. Over and over again I've heard the box buyers give me feedback on what they like and what they are impressed with. If you think that sending in teeny tiny slivers of soap tossed into a zip lock bag is going to earn you a box then please think again. Participating in the box program should not be about the free stuff you'll get in return. It should be about your creativity. Think big! Think outside the box and really search deep down on what you'd be impressed with if you were to get a box. The impressive, well packaged, great quality items are those that earn sales. Get nuts!

Also, for both contributors and box buyers, every single business that you refer to the box program will be asked who they learned about us when they fill out our sign up form. If you refer a business and they end up participating (they must send in their items) you will get a box in return. All you have to do is spread the word about The Little Black Box and then cross your fingers that they follow through with their sign up. Easy as pie!

Last but not least, every single month when the box buyers are checking out I'm going to ask them how they heard of us. The person with the most referrals will get a prepaid $25 Visa or Mastercard. This will take place monthly. That means, businesses should be plugging the box site so that their customers are coming to purchase in hopes of getting a box with one of their samples and also box buyers can tell their friends.

I hope that all these new intensives will encourage more people into talking about The Little Black Box. I'm looking forward to getting some new faces in the box. Together, with our love for handmade, we can do anything!

6 comments:

Miss Turry said...

I have to hand it to you, Kimberlee. You don't mince words. And I like it!

Your ideas are great..it's very true...when retailers put in the effort, they are rewarded with sales. Period.

AND you have nice incentives too. You go girl!

The Handmade Guru said...

Thank you so much! I'm trying to figure out how to encourage more contributors and buyers. I hope this helps!

patricia said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Patricia

http://dataentryjob-s.com

The Handmade Guru said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment Patricia! I love knowing that I have followers out there who actively read and enjoy the things that Ricki and I have to share with you!

Ricki said...

Love the new plan! TLBB is the BEST sample box out there, and the fact that is has survived shows that.

The Handmade Guru said...

Thanks Ricki! I really truly try to make it the best box ever. It really depends on the contributors and how much effort they put into their samples. I even need to get with it and start dressing up the Whiff and Sniff samples but I'm waiting for my business cards so I've just been tossing them in. Bad Kim!