Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Super Secret Sale Info


Hi faithful readers!

I want to let you in on a little info that the rest of the world won't know about until tomorrow. Whiff and Sniff Candles, my husband's little venture, is having a sale tomorrow. Usually you can purchase a 12 pack of his scent shooters for 10 dollars plus shipping and handling but tomorrow you can get a 12 pack for 8 bucks. 8. Dollars. That's insane!

If you go to the big brand candle stores in your local mall you won't be able to walk out the door without paying $2 each per scent and here he's offering 12 scents for only $8. I'm so proud.

Wait, what's wickless? Duh! Of course you don't know what wickless is... only because it's my job to impress you with all the most coolest stuff on the net. These candles that Whiff and Sniff is offering do not have a wick. Yep, no wick. So, how do you burn them then? Easy!

You will need a candle burner like the one pictured right.. over.. there. That white thing.

You will also need a tealight (or 100 to get you through your new addiction) that goes inside the burner. You light that and it warms the bowl above. The bowl is where you put your wax. In the case of my these wickless scent shooters, you pop the wax out of the plastic cup that they come in and put the wax into the bowl. The bowl gets really hot from the flame on the tealight and melts the wax in the bowl releasing the fragrance. The tealight burns for hours and after it goes out the wax will get hard. Usually I stick the whole thing in the freezer for 5 minutes when I'm ready to change scents and AFTER the wax has gone from liquid to solid. When I pull it out of the freezer the hard wax will just slide out of the bowl so that I can then do a different scent.

Wickless candles are SO fun! It's especially great for people who like to change up scents often. Now, don't be a fool and stop by tomorrow to purchase something that is sure to make your hubby ask what's baking.

3 comments:

Boubou said...

hello, first time i come across your blog, so im gonna visit it now :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collage and my mini week magazine, comeand visit my blog :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Coqui Ainjelfire said...

FYI: You can also get candle burners that use the heat from light bulbs, so there is no flame, and no smoke. It's great for apartments, dorms, etc, where candles aren't a good idea.

Debbie said...

What great scents, I need to get a candle burner.