Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Whiff and Sniff Candles Update

Tomorrow my husband starts candle mania '09. Scents have arrived and scent descriptions are being worked on. I had to help him transfer the domain and redirect it to his Etsy shop and tomorrow he should have an email working so he can create his PayPal account.

I can't believe it's all come to life. We've picked out the colors. We've worked on packaging. Business card is being worked on and will be printed sometime next week. Oh, and the light box has been built!

Tomorrow he starts pouring the candles to build up stock so that he can open in 2-3 weeks. I'll post the date here for you all once we have a better grasp on it.

The best and most fun part of the whole thing was working with my girl Jelene on his Etsy shop graphics. I told her I wanted noses and shooters. She gave me noses and shooters. That's when suddenly those who didn't know they were noses came back and told me that the noses looked like DING DONGS! Yes, penis! Penis! Back to the drawing board and I was so sad because I loved the noses/ding dongs.

She redefined the noses and added a diamond stud to one of the nostrils and I think they look more like noses. I'm going to post a before and an after. The after will be at the top of this post and the before at the bottom. Take a peek and tell me what you think - honestly!

My handsome hubby is excited to work with you ladies - and gents. Mostly ladies! Feel free to flirt! He's fun to flirt with - just hands off!

Be sure to add his shop to your favorites so you can watch him grow! His ever growing scent list is in his profile but he's adding to it every single day.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I think it's cute and I like the Diamond nose ring. Can't wait to see his shop, will there ever be any in the boxes??

The Handmade Guru said...

Hi Debbie!

Yes, Whiff and Sniff will most likely be in every box or every other box. Depends on how the economy gets. Right now it's SLOW!

Kristen said...

Wow that's awesome that your husband is involved in handmade products, too. I wish my BF had been in to it when we were living together. The noses do look better... not sure I would use them for printed materials, though, that are larger.