Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Second Line Frames

Sometimes you run into a seller in the handmade community that really warms your heart. Today was my day and even more surprising to me is that I just discovered the shop. Actually, Etsy discovered the shop and allowed Second Line Frames be front page material which allowed me to take notice.

I'm glad I took notice.

The Second Line is a timeless New Orleans tradition – the colorful parade that follows a funeral procession to turn tragedy into a celebration of rebirth.

Second Line Frames are built from authentic wood siding salvaged from homes destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. It’s our way of preserving a little part of the beloved memory of old New Orleans while helping to rebuild it toward a better tomorrow.

A portion of each sale goes to assist in the rehabilitation of affected neighborhoods. We now donate a minimum of 20% to a wonderfully active organization, The Phoenix of New Orleans. For a look at their current projects and the stories behind them, visit http://www.pnola.org.

The frames are gorg!

6 comments:

Rosanne said...

Very cool frames. And I love that they are giving 20% to The Phoenix of New Orleans!

shydub said...

Thats a very cool frame. it looks so simple and yet nice. As they say simple is beauty. have a great weekend!

3 Little Monkeys said...

That is so cool. We were in New Orleans the week before Katrina hit visiting the aquarium for my youngest childs birthday. They had a frog display and he LOVES frogs! We haven't been able to go back but one day we will make it.

Heather said...

Really unique frames!

Vanessa said...

Love these frames!!

Debbie said...

Wow that is so cool!!!! What a great thing to do...