Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Monday, May 4, 2009

MadArt Jewelry


I found the craziest piece of jewelry ever on Etsy over the weekend. I like my time off from the blog because it allows me on the weekends to search high and low for the coolest stuff. I'm so busy during the week that I don't get to browse much as I'm on a pretty strict schedule with meetings, interviews, and twittering - hah, that when the weekend finally comes around it's good to have some time to myself to browse that stuff that truly makes me happy.

MadArt Jewelry has this insanely intiguing black cicada ring. It's so creepy! It's nuts! Take your cicada love with you with this little beauty. Brass cicada measures about 2"long by about 1" wide. I first put a rich black patina on the little critter, then riveted it securely to an adjustable ring. The ring adjusts easily from size 6 and up.

I'm not sure I could pull this off but I think it's just too neat to pass up. This is definately a favorite of this Guru.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

That is WAY too creepy for me!! But good luck to anyone who can pull that off!

Jeweltrinkets said...

There are some really unique items, I saw a crown, really cool!!

Debbie said...

This is not a ring for me. I hate bugs.. Although I can see others wearing it proudly.