Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Becky's Briar Patch


Etsy has a huge vintage following. I think it's pretty cool too. I'm not exactly into vintage exactly but I do some things that catch my eye and usually when they do I can see the beauty in the piece. To each their own!

When I saw these turquoise snake skin shoes, made by Salvatore Ferragamo, at Becky's Briar Patch I was instantly attached to them. It's too bad my debit card won't freely allow me to purchase them. Well, that and I'm not exactly a size 7.5 shoe. Darn!

The shop owner even describes her history with the shoes which is fasinating!

I found these shoes decades ago in a high end thrift store in Nashville TN. The owner of the store bragged saying that these shoes were brought in by a famous country singer. She wouldn't tell me who it was, but I like to imagine which star strutted these around on stage.

There's only one rule that comes along with these shoes - if you buy them, you have to wear them. You can not let them sit in the back of your closet.

3 comments:

Jeweltrinkets said...

I love these shoes, I have seen similiar pairs in different colors throughout the years. Excellent taste!

Rosanne said...

Is it just me? They look dirty. Personally, I could not wear Vintage shoes. That would bother me to wear someone else's shoes!

Debbie said...

I have to agree w/Roseanne. I would not wear someone else's shoes.