Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, April 17, 2009

LaPella Pottery


I busted my coffee mug and was looking for a new cool one today when I was out shopping. I need a big mug as I don't like running to the coffee pot every 5 minutes to refill. I couldn't find anything that caught my eye and then this afternoon in a fluke I found La Pella Pottery and instantly was attracted to their personalized mugs.

This medium sized mug looks to hold between 10-12 ounces which is just perfect for me. I particularly like that you can have it glazed in any of the colors that they offer in their shop and we all just know that I'd have mine glazed in teal blue. I'm just sort of predictable like that. Important also is that this is dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and food safe or course. You won't blow anything up or die from using it - thank goodness! I mean you never really know anymore... I'm kidding.

LaPella Pottery is the pottery shop of Lisa and Alex LaPella. Alex specializes in ceramic hand drums that are durable and tunable. Lisa LaPella makes stoneware pendants and jewelry. Both potters focus on handmade, functional, wheel thrown pottery that brings art and beauty into the mundane.

3 comments:

Jeanne Selep said...

What a cool idea for a mug. Personalised - perhaps for mothers day....

Debbie said...

These are really nice..... Love the earthy colors!

Tami said...

Ooooh! Those are cute! I'm going to have to go check them out. :)