Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Neile


Hang on blog readers. This next blog entry will most likely make you want to drag out your wallets and spend. The only thing holding me back right now are bills and if I had the means I'd be rolling around with a piece from Neile as we speak.

I am so totally blown away by the beauty of this shop that I can't even find the words to describe just how much I want pretty much everything. You might think the idea of owning a piece of jewelry that features butterfly wings encased in glass a little creepy but I think it's fabulous. The butterflies are not harmed in the making of this jewelry nor are they killed to make these. They are naturally farmed once they expire allowing Neile to make these gorgeous creations.

The piece that I have my eye on unfortunately is being reserved for someone but I love it so much that I want to share it's beauty with all of you. This necklace features a real blue morpho butterfly encased in glass and silver alloy. The pendant is one large circle (1.5") and hangs on a 16" sterling silver chain. The front shows the distinctive iridescent blue these butterflies are known for, while the back shows the "eye" type image common to many butterfly species.

So stinkin' neat!

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OMG! I have never ever seen anything like her creations! How beautiful!