Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cozy Moments


It was brought to my attention today that one of my most favorite handmade businesses, Cozy Moments, is going through a major crisis right now and I wanted to write about it so that we can all keep Michelle and her husband Darrell in our thoughts.

This message was posted in her shop annoucement today via a friend kind enough to update for her:

Hello,
I am writing for Michelle. She is going to issue anyone who placed an order today a refund since her husband was rushed to and admitted to the hospital this morning and is fighting for his life. She said all orders prior to todays have been shipped. Michelle asked me to close her Etsy shop and to send convos to anyone who placed an order today explaining this since she is not going to be able to fill any orders obviously. I am not really sure how to do the convos so I am just putting the note here.If you know Darrell and Michelle please, if you pray please pray for them. This is not looking too good.

Thank you.

I'm not sure on the details of what is going on but this doesn't sound good at all and I can't imagine what she's going through. This is just another example of a wonderful business person, who although is going through some sort of turmoil, took the time to keep their customers up to date on the emergency. Everyone should take note - This is grade A communication.

4 comments:

ROSALYNSCENT said...

I don't know her, but I will pray for her and her husband.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Michelle's situation. I have her shop listed in my favorites. As you said, even in an extreme difficult time she has shown her dedication to her customers by informing them of her situation. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

alwaysadorable said...

Amazing dedication and my heart and prayers go out to her family! I don't know her personally but it brings me to tears to know someone so close to losing their loved one!

Peggy said...

This is sad and tough to go through. Thoughts and prayers for her family.