Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Made By Mavis


I keep seeing this shop all over the forums and in the chat rooms on Etsy and today is the finally the day that I get to give the shop a little spot light.

Ana, the owner of Made by Mavis, loves making terrariums, they are the one thing that makes her feel calm when the day has been crazy. She can sit down working on all the little worlds and be at peace.

I think that we don't get to be in the great outdoors as much as we like, so seeing these to remind me of the simple things that we often forget about. I think this is such a clever idea for a shop and I want one of these for myself.

This large moss terrarium has very slow growing moss and other tiny plants. Requires very little care, just leave it in a room with bright indirect sunlight. Water every 2-3 weeks and whatever you do don't over water! This little jar will take care of itself. Don't you want one for yourself too?

9 comments:

Piggy said...

Moss terrariums are very pretty.. it's like rearing fishes i guess :D

Lisa said...

These look interesting...I'll have to check them out!

Marlene aka LuckyDog said...

I saw them when they were featured on Etsy, they were so eye catching!

Brighton Early said...

i LOVE terrariums!

Betty said...

I've seen these before! I just adore them! I'm very tempted to get one for my desk at work. I love low maintenance items!

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Those are really neat. I love the little ones with the mushrooms.

Vanessa said...

Very cool!

Cathy Winsby said...

I remember having a few of these around our house when I was a kid. I've always thought they were so cool....little micro landscapes.

Jeweltrinkets said...

This brings fond memories of my childhood, I believe I made these using ragu spaghetti jars.....but Mavis makes it much more beautiful than I ever did as a kid!!!