Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lucinda's Charms


I know how much owl's are in right now so it's only appropriate to write about this cool owl necklace I found awhile ago from Lucinda's Charms.

In this shop you will find beautiful and affordable necklaces and earrings made from vintage toolings, brass, copper and pewter pendants as well as some sterling silver pendants. The owner is always looking for the deeper meaning in life, she have researched and included symbolic meanings for many of the jewelry pieces in her store. Some jewelry pieces don't have a symbolic meaning behind them, they are just simply beautiful and I must agree.

When I saw this owl is just screamed to be shared. The owl has symbolic significance across many cultures. It is said to be associated with wisdom, mystery, transition, intelligence, mysticism, and protection. In Native American culture it is seen as the keeper of sacred knowledge. The owl has also been honored as the keeper of spirits who have passed from one plane to another.

This own in particular is antiqued and slightly domed which emphasizes the lovely details. The pendant is silver plated and measures about 1 3/4 inches in length by 1 inch in width. It hangs from an antiqued silver plated chain and lobster clasp. The chain is approximately 18 inches long. You can pick it up for only $17 dollars which seems like an amazing deal.

3 comments:

Jeweltrinkets said...

I love this shop!
Poppy fields Necklace!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18472068

Peggy said...

I love the Key to My Heart Charm Necklace,its so pretty

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

What a great shop! I love owls. The octopus and Swallow pendants are lovely as well.