Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mad City Sue


I fell in love with a sugar scrub company many years ago but I hated the turn around time when I placed my order. It should *not* take 2 months for someone to get an order. I have NO idea why people tolerate that except that the pictures look really nice, the scent combos are amazing, and the scrubs really are very nice.

I made it my mission to find a scrub that was comparable. After lots of talk on bath and body forums I found Mad City Sue on Etsy. Her scrubs are nice but they just aren't the same! I love the turn around time from Sue and I like that she does custom scent blends so that's what keeps me coming back time and time again.

This past month, I order monthly, I ordered and requested for her to make them thicker. I wanted to see how it would compare. First scrub - still a little too runny. Second scrub - better but still not there. Third scrub - dead on! The test is scooping a little out and being able to roll it into a ball without it loosing shape. It did just this and I was totally excited. I don't mind paying extra for the more sugar either but I want my scrubs like this each and every time! I'm thrilled that I've now found my staple that is exactly like my old favorite and there's only a 2 day turn around. Can't beat that!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

The Vanilla Bean Noel soy Creme Body Butter sounds heavenly.Its nice that I can get any scent I want Great find All the wonderful scrubs sound so good.

Betty said...

I love sugar scrubs! I may have to try this one out.

Jeweltrinkets said...

I could just jump right into the jar of pixie sugar!! Looks wodnderful!!

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

She has a couple types of sugar scrubs. I've tried both. One is a little too oily for me but I can't think which one it is off the top of my head. I've tried the candied blueberries, which I didn't like. The scent was too sickening sweet. I have tried her Lush dupes of Honey I Washed the Kids and Rock Star. They are dead on. My most favorite though, which is one of her originals is Violet cupcakes. It's the most amazing smell!

Vanessa said...

I loooove sugar scrubs! I'll have to bookmark this shop!

Amanda said...

MCS has awesome scrubs and I can't wait to try a thicker one. Did you just add that you wanted it thicker in the comments box?