Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Jim Jenkins Designs


I had an utterly amazing weekend. After basically working myself both physically and mentally to death the past month I had to literally walk away from my computer this weekend and focus on the family until this morning. Saturday night I had a little dinner party at our home. The kids behaved beautifully. The wine flowed and the company was great. Last night we treated the kids to their 2nd ever NHL hockey game. My husband and I go every weekend but we only bring the kids once a month because it's pretty expensive and they get bored half way through the 2nd period. The fights and the constant action can't keep them tuned in. We won so it was a pretty exciting game for everyone there.

This morning I just have to rave about Jim Jenkins Designs. He was featured on the front page of Etsy a few weeks ago and as soon as I saw the feature I bookmarked it so that I could share it with all of you.

I think featuring this artist is important because I don't feature men too often here. There's just few and far between on Etsy! It's ultra cool when I find one that has items that I wish I could afford! Everything you see in this shop is designed and constructed by Jim (with some help in the sanding and finishing portion by his wife). Particularly, I'm nuts for this jewelry box titled, "Big Shot." I think it's brilliant, like all of his work, and wish I could afford to purchase it for myself.

If you're in the market for a special jewelry box for yourself or a loved one this holiday season check out Jim Jenkins Designs and wow yourself with all of the design this man has created. I'm floored!

7 comments:

Meekiyu said...

Oh wow that is a very unique jewelry box! I agree men in etsy are hard to spot... and especially ones that make awesome jewelry boxes!

glad you and your family had fun at the hockey game... never been but I think the fights and stuffs is good to keep my attention..lolol

Vanessa said...

How cool!!

Knits and Notions said...

I was looking at his shop when he was on the front page. He does amazing work!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you blogged about Jim's shop. I don't think I would have ever found it on my own. What gorgeous works of art! I think I need a special gift this year for Christmas.

blueviolet said...

That's really pretty cool and I think it could even work for a man.

Betty said...

I noticed his stuff too! His work is so beautiful! My favorite is the Octavian.

Peggy said...

Maybe Santa will bring me my favorite ,Diane,very pretty . DEsigns are lovely