Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Do the mashed potato?


I've been holding onto this recipe for about 2 weeks ago - waiting for the perfect time to post it. Can you believe only a day separates us from turkey day? Many of us have family flying in for this food fest and I'm sure the grocery stores are completely full of crazy women running around in search of the perfect ingredients for that stuffing or dessert.

I purchased one of those Pillsbury recipe guides at checkout and inside was an amazing mashed potato recipe. Check it out!

Slow-Cooked Garlic Smashed Potatoes (Crowd Size) - No peeling, no boiling! Just add potatoes to the slow cooker with the other ingredients, and mash them a few hours later! You'll need:


3 lb small red potatoes (2 to 3 inches)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chives-and-onion cream cheese (from 8 oz container)
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk


Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar-sized pieces. Place in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.

Cover; cook on High setting 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.

With fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic. Stir in cream cheese until well blended. Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency. Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on Low setting up to 2 hours.

5 comments:

Betani's Bureau said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! I'm wondering how it would be with my pot-yam-o variation. I sometimes use a 2-1 ratio of white potatoes to yams for something different.

BeckyKay said...

Oh my gosh! I could totally handle this!!

Laura said...

Sounds yummy! I think I'll have to try this recipe. I love to use my Crock Pot. Thanks for the recipe!

Peggy said...

Sounds so good

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Those sound yummy!