Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Washable Art


Wow, October 1st already. Can you believe it? Today marks the start of my personal holiday shopping season since this is the 1st month that advertising with The Little Black Box gets sorta crazy. We have over 100 businesses scheduled to participate with us for the next 3 months. I'm figuring that we'll have over 300 bags shipped all over the US each month with a total of 900 bags ending up in the homes of Indie lovers. It's amazing!

The other reason today is important is because it means that I only have 30 days to get the twins Halloween costumes ready. We aren't going to just go to the store and waste thirty bucks on those made in China piece's of garage either. My mother in law and I have been planting ideas in their heads for the last couple of weeks and the boys are both going as Legos. I googled "Lego costume" and found some great ideas like the one to the right here. Well, Connor was ok with it but Dylan not so much. My idea is to make Connor's and when Dylan sees it he'll want to be one too. Connor wants to be a yellow Lego. I already have the box and now I need to just get to work.

To get inspired I searched for "Lego" on Etsy and I found these really cool soaps from Washable Art. They are made from Shea butter and smell like a variety of fruity scents. They'd be a hit in the bath tub and would make an excellant stocking stuffer so I marked it as a favorite so I can come back later. Tell me these aren't cool?!

10 comments:

blueviolet said...

Those are absolutely perfect for a child's stocking.

LoveEtsyFeedback TagsAndButtons said...

Love it~

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Those are absolutely adorable! I love them.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just found my soaps here! I was Googling "Washable Art" just to be certain that the name was still mine, all mine (see me rubbing my hands together?), and I found this! How nice, and what a total surprise! Thanks for liking them...

beedazzles said...

those are amazingly sweet! Almost wish my 4 teenagers were younger (notice I said 'almost' LOL) just so I could put these in their stockings. LOVE THEM!!

Peggy said...

The boys will love these and I know have a fear of soap and water. Now they will be fighting to get in the bath first

Diane Conn said...

I've seen these at one of our local children's stores and they are just as adorable in person.
All of thier products are great!

Vanessa said...

Cool soaps! I can't wait to see how your costumes turn out!

Maci said...

Those costumes are absolutely Fantastic. Perfect for fun Halloween.

Amanda said...

I hope the boys love their costumes...what an awesome idea.