Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Bijoutiful


Here's another one of those shops that seems to be going somewhere. Take note future top sellers on Etsy - if you want to make it big you need to put your name out there and Bijoutiful seems to be doing the right thing in this case.

Recently featured in both BUST and The Handbook to Handmade Vol 3 - Bijoutiful is picking up steam left and right and slowly nearing 700 sales in just over two years.

I been meaning to write about a particular piece from this artist that catches my eye every single time I flip through my favorites and low and behold today is the day. I adore - am completely gaga over this Mariposa Cocktail ring. This lepidoptera is made from new yellow brass, created from original tooling & dies that date back to the early 1900’s. It is securely and permanently soldered to a slender band of sterling silver--slightly askew to add interest & a "natural" feel. The 3mm wide sterling band is brushed lightly, and the butterfly is oxidized and sanded to make the details really stand out.

The artist stresses that this look is meant to be worn for special occasions and not every day use thus why it's called a cocktail ring but if you love it as much as I do let your freak flag fly and show it off whenever you'd like.

9 comments:

The Crazy, Crafty Chick said...

I would so wear this ring EVERYDAY! I just marked it as a favorite.

blueviolet said...

That is the coolest thing! I know it's meant to be used on occasion but how tempting it would be to wear it daily.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Fantastic shop! I love that butterfly ring! I think I'd be very tempted to wear it every time I walked out of the house!
Smiles, Karen

Jeweltrinkets said...

Bijoutiful (such a clever name!) has me hooked on her shop

These darlings are perfect for the season!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16197552

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

The ring is beautiful! I love BUST as well.

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

I also really like the forget me not ring. Her stuff is so delicate looking and feminine. I love it

Peggy said...

This is a fabulous shop ,my favorite is the post earrings,I have a tough time finding pretty post earrings,these are beautiful

Vanessa said...

I love butterflies!! Such a pretty ring!!

Bijoutiful said...

I JUST found this blog post and have to thank the author profusely. All of the comments have really, REALLY made my day and made my jaw drop. Much love to you all.