Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Beads by Evelyn


Fall doesn't seem to arrive in Phoenix. I found this out last year and boy was it confusing. Especially when I come from a strange world called Seattle. This is my favorite time of year. In Seattle you are enjoying the 85 degree weather and Sea Fair then school starts and out of nowhere the weather changes to 55 degrees, cloudy with a chance of rain. The trees turn from their normal green color into the most beautiful orange, red, and yellows. Pumpkin's arrive in your local grocery stores and the farmers open their corn field mazes.

Here in Phoenix you go to your local grocery store and you'll find plastic plug-in pumpkins shaped like cactus. I still laugh when I see them. We do have pumpkins and stuff but it just isn't the same. It's still over 100 degrees outside and instead of bundling our kids up for trick or treating we send them out the door in shorts and tanks still. It's hard to get used to but I have my ghosts hanging from the trees outside and our plastic plug-in pumpkin on the porch and that helps.

Thankfully I can buy accessories and paint my toes in dark cranberry colors making me feel better about the season I enjoy the most. I found the coolest earrings from Beads by Evelyn which I've added to my wishlist and I hopefully will be able to pick up shortly. These little acorns are just adorable and will be perfect to wear to Thanksgiving dinner and would go great with a pair of jeans. It's amazing what you can find on Etsy and I think these earrings are a great find!

11 comments:

beedazzles said...

WOW! Just loooooove those earrings!!

Peggy said...

Love them and great fall colors

blueviolet said...

Those are the best fall earrings I have ever seen!

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Those are great! And not a bad price either. I love the pink romantic inspired flower earrings. I may have to get those.

Vanessa said...

Beautiful earrings!! I'll be moving to AZ in a month...something to look forward to lol

Christi said...

What a beautiful seasonal item! Her Christmas Tree earrings are also sweet: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14248783.

ms.clark said...

Okay, I love this post because you talk about my two favorite places. I laughed out loud because I completely know what you are talking about. Hee!

The earrings are gorgeous.
Stacy
http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com

erinberry said...

Very cute acorn earrings - I like the brown and green together!

Amanda said...

Those are some cute earrings!

Beads By Evelyn said...

Happy Sunday :) Thank you so much for featuring my Acorn earrings :))) I so much appreciate it and all the great comments! You made my day!!

The Abbey said...

Those are beautiful and did you check out her Antique Copper Leaf earrings? I just love those!!! I am addicted to leaves...