Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wendy Conrad - 10 Dollar Review


One of my most favorite new find on Etsy is Wendy Conrad. I had worked with her before in our July boxes and was thrilled to work with her again last month when she sent in samples for our special media boxes.

Last week I posted a blog asking for people to link me to their shops so that I could purchase an item valued at $10 with S/H. I figured not only would I find a ton of new shops for my review but I'd also find a ton of shops for my readers. Not everyone has money to spend but sometimes I find myself with 10 bucks in my Paypal account and I just want to blow it on something.

I picked Wendy Conrad after going through all the entries because one of her items in particular would make a great addition to a gift for my grandmother who is a stationery nut. She's always sending cards in the mail and because of that I'm going to make multiple purchases this holiday season from all sorts of stationery designers.

The cards arrived yesterday - which was most speedy. I love fast shipping! Bring back the lost art of the handwritten word. This note card set is hand stamped on recycled white card stock. Set includes "Oh Deer" (deer), "You Wood" (tree), "Bzz" (bee), and "Tweet" (bird) cards. All cards are blank on the inside and hand-stamped with archival inks. Envelopes included. They came packaged in a clear plastic bag wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon.

I love all the other handmade items Wendy included. She even makes her own business cards and magnets that she throws in for advertising reasons. Very clever!

My grandmother will so completely love these and I'm supporting Indie this holiday season. Get with it! Shop now! Don't wait until the last minute like I did last year and end up broke. It's no fun when there's no money left for that special New Year's party you want to go too!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the wonderful review! The blog looks great!

blueviolet said...

You're right; those are super cute!

KatieG said...

I love the one that says Oh Deer!

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

I love those! Those are cute.