Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Red Marionette

I have a tradition in our family that I started for the boys before they were born. Each year I buy them a cool Christmas ornament that means something to me. Maybe it was a family vacation we were on and I found something neat - or perhaps I find something that screams Dylan and Connor and pick those up. Each year is different and I mark them so that when they have families of their own they'll each have their own collection from when they were children. It's a lot of fun.

This year I got the boys' ornaments from Red Marionette. I picked up Ned the moose and Gilbert the gingerbread man. I think all of the items from Red Marionette are so completely hip and fun. The boys will love them and each year when I put them on the tree I'll be reminded of this business.

I got them in the mail last night and I was impressed with the quality and even more in love with them in purchase. The owner was super sweet and shipping was cheap and quick! Gotta love that!

If you're like me and you collect cool ornaments check out Red Marionette. You're totally going to find something you like there.

10 comments:

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

With the exception of my youngest brother, my immediate family doesn't celebrate holidays. I have been celebrating with friends the last few years, and buying family ornaments is something I've always wanted to do. I am planning to do this with my boyfriend's daughters now. I'm into sentimental things. They are older, 3 and 6... but I don't think it's ever too late to start.

blueviolet said...

I do something similar except I choose an ornament for each of the kids that somehow relates to their year. When they move into their own homes they'll each have a collection of ornaments to take with them for their own tree.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

I just checked out their site (should have done that first) and they have all kinds of owls! I love owls, and my best friend does even more. I've already put together a birthday gift of owl stuff - some of it from etsy shops you have reviewed. I think I might decorate her Xmas present with an owl ornament. She will love it!

Amber said...

I don't have kids but I buy a special ornament for my little tree every year.I am running out of tree space though lol.Those ornaments are too cute

Chesterfield Community Theatre said...

I agree, these are too cute!

Crystal said...

Such cute ornaments!

Anitra Cameron said...

I do that, too, but with a slightly different emphasis: Each of my kids (and now their husbands and children) get an ornament of a particular type. My eldest gets a Snowbaby, middle daughter gets a doll or doll head, youngest gets a bell, but it can't Look like a bell.

What I never envisioned was that the girls would grow up, and I would get divorced, all within just a few years, and take all their ornaments with them. Poof! My poor tree was practically naked, lol. Years later, it's more full than ever, though.

KatieG said...

Oh I love those!

Kathy Martin Studio said...

I try to make an ornament for my tree each year. It's gotten harder once I started color theming my trees! hehe A few years ago I lived with my little sister and she wanted a blue tree. I now live alone and am a red junkie. Sooo I themed my tree red. =) Luckily the yearly ornaments seem to blend in nicely with all of the red things. =)

Vanessa said...

Cute ornaments and such a cute shop!