Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Teachers Gifts


I plan everything really early. I think I find the best stuff on the web when I do this and when people wait until the last minute to shop I just feel that all the stuff that they should have been able to find are no longer available.

This is why I have started bookmarking stuff that I find on Etsy that would be a great addition to my boys' 1st grade teachers this holiday season.

Last night I found really cool apple magnets from Butterfly Mosaics. They are hand painted and are perfect for the classroom or even to take home. I think they'd get a kick out of these.

I also found really neat stationery from It's All Personalized. The one in particular that I have my eye on is a set of 12 flat note cards with a pencil on top and then the teachers' name in the pencil. I bet the teachers would adore this!

Or maybe even this totally amazing glass personalized pencil jar from Studio JK. This would make an amazing addition to any classroom and can also be used over and over each year. The teacher is sure to be impressed with the item and will also probably make her fall in love with the idea of having her name on the jar for all to see. My boys happen to have teachers straight out of school so personalized items will really make them feel like they made it after all those long years in school. Note: It's the vinyl only that you are purchasing for this item. You must supply your own jar. Still a very cool idea!

6 comments:

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Those are adorable ideas. I especially like the notecards and magnets. I might be a little cautious about the glass pencil holder, because I've seen too many things get knocked over in a classroom. Whatever you decide, I hope your kids' teachers love it.

blueviolet said...

That's why I love sites like yours so much because I find out about the best products. I bookmark them and then when I'm ready to shop in about October or so, I purchase everything I had bookmarked (before the masses hit the shops in November/December.)

Becky said...

I really don't want to rain on your parade. I think those magnets are adorable! But, coming from a long line of teachers, teachers tend to get A LOT of apple themed items. However, I can say that teachers always need thank you notes. Finally, if you really want to give a fabulous gift, a nice note about what a great job they have done and some of your child's favorite memories or experiences in the class always goes over well.

Bunny B said...

These are adorable! I wish I were a kindergarten teacher so I could receive these :P

Jamie said...

OMGSH! Thank you so much for finding me & featuring my teacher gift! It was a very nice surprise!

KatieG said...

Lots of great choices!