Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Sea Glass Designs


Another one of my favorites! Sea Glass Designs has the most beautiful stuff. I'm in love with most too! Sea glass is so beautiful and I'm thrilled to see that someone did something really nice with it. I grew up on the West Coast so this type of art really found a place in my heart.

For those who aren't familiar with sea glass, it is a piece of glass, china or pottery that has found its way into the sea, and is smoothed by being tossed about in the waves and sand. The piece eventually washes up on shore, sometimes after many years in the sea. The very nature of sea glass means that every piece of art and jewelry is an original.

I love this necklace this most and have actually placed it into my cart more then once. I'm gonna get it.. oh yes I am. I like that it's on a long chain and most importantly I love the color of the glass. This one is crazy cool!

2 comments:

KatieG said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I used to live right by the water, and now i'm in the desert! I was just about to search for some sea glass jewlery the other day, and forgot: this was a great reminder!

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

I love sea glass, especially the green and aqua colors. I used to live by the ocean - 16 years - and sadly I never found any sea glass. I too live in the desert now, so no chance of finding any here.

I saved her to my favorite sellers - and once I find a job here (just moved three weeks ago and the job search is tough) I will order a piece.