Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mad City Sue


I'm a cold processed soap and whipped sugar scrub snob. I've tried many a scrub and plenty of soaps in my day. When I purchased The Little Black Box things became increasingly worse as I had access all the samples pouring in. I'm also a member of Makeupalley which doesn't make things any better. When I see posts from people posting their hauls or sale info I usually pounce.

Fair warning about Makeupalley though.. As a business owner you can NOT really post there without a witch hunt type atmosphere taking place. It's pretty cliquish. There are a few gems there but a majority of the members aren't so friendly and will do anything to take you down if you look at them wrong. My best advice is to read and only post if you have something to add. Never post about your business if you are a business owner. They'll black list you...

Carrying on. I found out about Mad City Sue from Makeupalley. See - they are good for something! Actually the more I think about it I may have found them from Wickedly Chic. Either way I found them! Mad City Sue was one of my 1st purchases from Etsy many years ago. Since then I've purchased from this shop regularly as it's a staple of mine in the shower. I used my Vanilla Cupcake sugar scrub this morning and it was heaven. Simply delish! I pretty much won't ever say no to a foody scent and Mad City Sue has a wide variety of them. If you don't see a scent that you'd enjoy then her scent list will allow you to find one and you can send her a convo requesting a custom order. I do it all the time!

I use their scrubs on my arms and legs and when I'm out my skin feels soft and smooth - so alive again! My husband even sneaks into my scrub stash to pick out ones he likes. He's into earthy scents so when Christmas rolls around I usually snag 2 or 3 for him and toss them in his stocking so that he'll stay out of mine.

I urge you to check out this shop if you are a bath and body freak like me. If you are thinking of adding sugar scrubs to your inventory send me a sample and I'll tell you what I think about it. Let me be your guinea pig!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I've tried one of their scrubs and foaming shower parfaits and loved them both.The scents were wonderful I will be ordering from them again

Bunny B said...

Mmm... lovely!! My hubs says it looks like ice-cream :)

blueviolet said...

I love scrubs too! I feel like my real skin is showing after I use them. Everything seems so fresh and revitalized.

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

She has a couple different types of scrubs. One does nothing for my skin - the other is amazing. I can't think of which is which at the moment and I'm not home to run to my bathroom and check. I originally jumped on her products through thesoapboxco.com because she has Lush dupes. I ordered four of her scrubs and several bars of soap. While her Lush dupes are dead on, I found the scent I loved the most was violet cupcake. I love violets and cupcakes and the two together are a heavenly mix.

KatieG said...

Ooooh I want some!

bowlergrl1 said...

I haven't tried MCS's sugar scrubs yet (I was just recently enable to MCS)..but I do have three jars of the shower parfait soap (I think that's what it's called) and absolutely love it! I also have a bottle of dry oil spray and love the consistency and feel of it. Currently in my shower from MCS is berry lemonade shower parfait soap. :)