Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Feature - Daydream Glass




Name: Daria Kusk

Company Name: Daydream Glass

E-mail Address: daydreamglass@sbcglobal.net

In what year was your company founded?
I've been working with different forms of glass (fusing, lampwork, casting, stained glass) for more than twelve years, making jewelry for over 25 years.

Describe your products or services in detail?
I presently make one-of-a-kind lamp work jewelry and fused glass gifts. I've also created many custom stained glass panels for people's homes and businesses.

What made you start your business? What made you decide to use a particular material?
I started my business to support myself and two children. I formerly worked as an electrician, and after homeschooling my kids for ten years didn't have the interest of going back into manual labor full time. I've had a lifelong fascination with glass art and it's such a versatile medium that I don't think I'll ever run out of new things to do with it. I love the organic flow of the hot glass and the almost endless color combinations and reactions between certain glasses. It feeds my addiction to color and form.

What inspires you?
I get inspiration from nature, music, people and daydreaming, -hence the name - Daydream Glass.

Do you have anything unique or interesting that you would want readers to know about?
Glass rings are wonderful for people with metal sensitivities.

Out of all your products which is your favorite and why?
My favorite things to make would be lampwork rings. I've always loved wearing rings and I'm delighted by the look of a glass ring. The colors and designs are almost limitless. I think they're a little more challenging, but more fun for me to make than beads.

Who is your target market?
Any one between the ages of 10 and 110.


Is crafting a full-time job for you?
Yes.

7 comments:

Bunny B said...

Interesting rings! I love that black one!

Apple Blossom Designs said...

those lampwork rings are awesome!!! what a cool idea!

KatieG said...

I love that first ring! Off to check out the store right now!

blueviolet said...

The lampwork rings are so cool. I like how different they can all look from each other.

sherry said...

beautiful work, great interview!

Amber said...

I love the ring on the bottom these rings are very unique

Rasberryswrlgirl said...

Her rings are very cool! I am a clutz and I'm pretty sure I'd break one, but I may look into the hair pins.