Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sailorgirl Jewelry


Sailorgirl Jewelry is known as the home of whimsical, fun, shiny happy handmade glass jewelry! That pretty much hit the nail on the head with this shop. Everything is so bright and colorful. It's fun yet sophisticated. I like many pieces in this shop but I think my favorite is the Ocean Ring bracelet.

Each bead is individually made by Sailorgirl! There is no paint on any of the beads, just glass upon glass upon glass. Each bead is 4 - 8 layers of glass. Around layer 3 I roll the bead in fine silver leaf, then encase it in more glass. When the bead is large I mash it flat so that the silver disperses. This is what gives my beads the shimmering transparency reminiscent of the ocean in sunshine.

It's so interesting to hear how it's done but so beautiful as well. It sounds like a ton of work which explains the price but at the same time it sounds very worth it.

3 comments:

Chris and Samantha said...

Pretty! Her banner is really cute too :)

bowlergrl1 said...

This girl has some serious talent. Her stuff looks really cute!

Bunny B said...

That's cute! My niece would love these!