Go Vote!

My site was nominated for Best Shopping Blog!

People Who Love Us

Support Me!

Grab Our Banner!


My Weekly Wish List

Get on it..

Get on it..
The Handmade Highway!

Friday, June 20, 2008

About Us

The Handmade Guru blog was started by me (Kimberlee) back in June of 2008 as the Black Box Review. I just wanted to create a spin off of the Little Black Box so that I had a place to write about handmade items I stumbled upon and loved. Since then, the blog has expanded to include features and interviews from several indie artists, designers and some wonderful vintage finds. The blog is updated seven days a week by myself and as of July 2009 a new guest writer. I have hopes that as I acquire more quest writers it will allow for the blog to always have fresh content so you can come back multiple times a day to see what's in store.

Editor: Kimberlee Keane
With my background and career path originally being dentistry, I had no idea that one day I'd be sitting here telling the world about my love for handmade. It all started with me wanting to make my own handmade candles since I was tired of spending so much on the store purchased ones. I created my own handmade shop, Whiff and Sniff Candles, and was always on the hunt for a great out of the box way to advertise my business. That led me to advertising with Amy Jagminas the original owner of The Little Black Box and on to purchasing the site for myself in 2007. I feel like I know the ins and the outs of the handmade world pretty well and I proudly wear the self professed title of Handmade Guru well.

A quick bit about me: I'm 28 years old and was born on the fabulous day of December 31, 1980. I love my twin boys Dylan and Connor, Summer, swimming, celebrity gossip, reading, dinner
parties, and a vintage bottle of wine. My favorite color is pink and I sleep with my blackberry in my hand, so?

Guest Writer: Ricki Marking-Camuto
Ricki has been a fan of handmade goodies for many years now. She's been a local customer of The Little Black Box as well as a forum moderator (R.I.P.) for me in her spare time. She supports her habit by running a community theater in St. Louis, Missouri. Her free time, what little there is of it, is spent with her fiance and dog. For fun, she enjoys reading, crafting, and playing games online.

No comments: